The History of Thunderball
The first Thunderball draw happened on June 12th, 1999, and it was originally drawn once a week. Below is what has happened since the first Thunderball draw:
- 12th June 1999: This is when the first Thunderball draw took place.
On October 23rd, 2002, Thunderball was drawn on a Wednesday for the first time in addition to the regular Saturday draw.
- In November 2009, a new Smartplay Halogen II draw machine was introduced for the UK Thunderball.
- 12th May 2010: The number of balls for the lottery increased from 34 to 39. The usual £250,000 jackpot was doubled to £500,000. In that same period, a new prize was created for just matching the Thunderball.
- 14th May 2010: Another Friday draw was introduced.
- 30th January 2018-the latest Tuesday draw was introduced.
Now, Thunderball offers four chances every week for players to win the £500,000 jackpot.
Buy a Thunderball Lottery ticket online
If you are ready to buy a Thunderball ticket online, you can take a closer look at our website and see the different ways you can do that. You might even be surprised by just how easy it is to play the lottery.
Why should you buy a Thunderball ticket online?
- You save time when you get Thunderball tickets online. With just a few taps on your phone, you’re done.
- When you buy a lottery ticket, it increases your chances of winning a prize. While playing online, you get smarter in the process. Players can play Thunderball with the use of unique lines to better their winning odds. All this you can do when you purchase tickets on simbalotto.com.
- Never be worried about missing a draw. So long as you have an account with Simbalotto, you will be notified of the results, your draws, winnings, and our multi-draw packages. In short, you can never miss out on important information.
- There is no risk of losing your Thunderball lottery tickets. After receiving an upload of your scanned ticket, a player may download the ticket and store it digitally on their devices. This prevents cases like someone stealing your ticket as well as your prize. Keep your tickets safe as they will be used as proof of participating in the lottery when claiming your prize.
- It is easy to claim your prize. When you buy a ticket with Simbalotto, you do not have to worry about the hassle of collecting your prize. All your winnings below €2500 will be credited to your account. Winnings higher than €2500 will be received from the UK Lottery Commission either via bank transfer or check.
Now you can see why you should play Thunderball with Simbalotto. The process is smooth and easy to understand. Visit “Play Thunderball online” and see how the lottery is played and then get a ticket.
Process of buying a Thunderball ticket
For a player to be able to purchase tickets on Simbalotto, they will need to create an account with us. Register and log in to your account, then head over to the Thunderball lottery. Then pick five main numbers and one Thunderball from the pool of numbers available. Pick the number of draws you would like to enter and pay for the tickets. Now all you have to do is wait for the draw. And yes, it is that easy to buy a ticket with us.
What is a Thunderball number?
The Thunderball number in a Thunderball entry is a number chosen by the player from numbers 1-14. It acts as a bonus ball in this lottery.
How to check my winning numbers?
Once the drawing takes place, you can log back into your account on simbalotto.com to see how your ticket number compares to the winning numbers. All you have to do is look at the highlighted numbers to see which ones match. Alternatively, you can check your email to see if your numbers won for that draw, as you will be notified of the results.
Can I play Thunderball abroad?
Yes, you can. You can take part in this lottery on our website as we offer concierge lottery services to players all over the world. After choosing your numbers and ordering your ticket, our agent based in the UK will buy the official Thunderball ticket on your behalf. After that, a scan of that ticket will be uploaded to the player account as proof of purchase.
How to pay for my Thunderball tickets?
After purchasing your tickets, you will have to pay for them using the money available in your account wallet. You can also pay by using a direct bank transfer, credit or debit cards, or cryptocurrencies. Select the method that you are most familiar with to make a successful payment.
If you have any queries about the Thunderball game, don’t be afraid to visit our FAQs page or even shoot your question to us. Our customer service team will get back to you with answers. Since you now have the information on how you can purchase the Thunderball tickets online, why not try your luck today?