How to participate in the Spanish El Gordo lottery online

I am not in Spain, how can I buy El Gordo tickets?

You can do exactly that here at Simbalotto. We make playing in international lotteries easy. All you have to do is select the lottery you are interested in, choose the numbers you want to play with, and purchase your ticket.

Then you wait for our agents to buy your ticket in Spain. You will get an email confirmation immediately, and after some time, you will find the scanned image of your tickets in your account. You can now wait for the El Gordo draw results.

You do not have to be in Spain to participate in this lottery. Creating an account with us will allow you to participate in the El Gordo lottery online.

What are the payment options?

Simbalotto offers three main payment methods. They are credit and debit cards, bank transfers, and cryptocurrencies, plus a number of more localized methods. You can use these methods when buying your El Gordo tickets and when you want to withdraw smaller prizes of

To make playing El Gordo much easier, players can also start by depositing some money into their Simbalotto wallet. They can use their wallet balance to buy El Gordo tickets and other lottery tickets they might be interested in.

In the future, Simbalotto will add more payment options that will favor international players participating online.

The advantages of buying El Gordo tickets at Simbalotto

If you are considering buying the El Gordo lottery tickets with us, here are five things to consider.

You will not have to worry about losing your online tickets as you will have them stored in your Simbalotto account, and you can download the ticket scan from there to your mobile phone or other devices. Also, Simbalotto will notify you if your numbers have won in the draw. If you want to check your details, you can do so by visiting the “My Tickets” page.

You can make your purchase from the comfort of your home and from a completely different country. You do not have to physically be in the original country of the lottery, i.e., Spain. You just have to be connected to the internet to buy an El Gordo ticket through Simbalotto.

Sybuy El Gordo onlinendicate Tickets

When playing one of our lotteries online, it is also easy to buy “syndicate” tickets. A syndicate is a group of players buying a larger number of tickets. All members of the group pay their share of the ticket costs, as well as the later winnings.

At Simbalotto, we create such packages of tickets and our clients can then decide how many shares of that package they want to buy.

This will help you increase your chances of winning and also lower the costs of your tickets. If one of the tickets wins the jackpot, the prize you win is shared among the group according to the percentage each player bought

If you have bought a ticket with us, it is easy to check the progress of the ticket in your user account. You can check your lottery numbers to see if they have won or not. This is the added convenience of playing the lottery online.

Lower risks

When you buy your ticket online, it minimizes the risk of someone claiming your ticket and stealing the jackpot. Since you have already established your Simbalotto user account and registered your information with us, it will lessen the chance that such a thing may occur.

Also, you do not have to worry about paying any commission fees when one of your tickets wins a prize. We do not take any commissions from any of our customers’ winnings. We make sure to provide transparent services to our international players.

Is La Primitiva the same as the El Gordo lottery?

Both of these lotteries are held in Spain. But the La Primitiva lottery has three draws per week, while the El Gordo lottery draws only once a week, namely on Sundays.

El Gordo has one famous special event, every year on December 22nd. This event is also known as the “Spanish Christmas lottery”.

By the way, the name El Gordo means “the fat one”, to show that a huge amount of money is to be won.

What happens after I win at El Gordo?

After you win this big lottery, you will receive an email from us notifying you that you won. Since this is a huge lottery, for winnings above €2500, you will receive your prize money from the lottery commission itself. If you win a prize of less than €2500, it will be deposited immediately into your Simbalotto account. You can decide to withdraw your prize using the payment method you used earlier when purchasing the tickets.

Do I have to pay local taxes even though I do not live in Spain?

Yes. Since the El Gordo lottery is managed by the Spanish government, 20% of your lottery win goes to government taxes while the rest, 80%, is paid out to the winner. Only winnings under €2500 will not be taxed.